Code of Conduct Enforcement Policy
For Managers, Coaches, Parents, Spectators, Players
The following actions will not be tolerated from any manager, coach, parent, spectator or player:
• Questioning umpire judgment calls (Note: Only managers, or acting manager if the official manager is not there, can constructively consult with umpires on matters of rule interpretations.)
• Heckling of umpires or players
• Any unsportsmanlike conduct including the use of profanity
• Any threats, abuse (verbal or physical), or criticism of any of the following: players, managers, coaches, umpires, or another spectator before, during, or after a game.
• Coaching from the bleachers (from anyone other than the designated coaches)
• Throwing of equipment (i.e., helmets, bats, etc.) – 1st violation is a team warning, 2nd violation is an ejection. This does not apply to the program at bat rule.
Violations of this Code of Conduct will result in an immediate ejection. Umpires and commissioners of SAA Softball all have the right to enforce violations. If a person, regardless of participation in the program (manager, coach, player, parent, or spectator) is ejected, the game in play will be suspended until that person leaves the PARK. If the ejected party refuses to leave, the umpire will take position on the pitching rubber, and give the ejected party 60 seconds to leave the park. At which time, if the party does not leave the park, the umpire will declare the game a forfeit and award victory to the opposing team, and then inform that team why they forfeited. Any ejected party, other than a player, will not be allowed to return to the tournament. PERIOD! If the ejected party is a player the reason for the ejection will be reviewed and then a decision will be made as to if the player will be allowed to continue playing in the tournament. This decision will be made by the Tournament Director, the UIC, and one other commissioner. All decisions are final. If the same player is ejected a second time for any reason during the tournament they will not be allowed to return to the tournament at any time. PERIOD!
There will be no second chances.
Spectators: At no time is anyone allowed behind the backstop. This is the area directly behind home plate. The only exception is for the scorekeeper and if they start causing a disruption they will be removed from this area. This is a disruption to the umpires, batters, catchers and pitchers. Also if you smoke please remember to observe the Park District’s posted policy regarding smoking. Let’s all try to be courteous to each other on this matter.
REMINDER TO ALL SOFTBALL PARTICIPANTS:
We are here to provide an environment where the kids can learn sportsmanship, the fundamentals of softball, and have a great time doing it. Managers, coaches and parents are expected to let the kids play the game. It is about them, not the adults. This is a recreational league where the pressures of competition are not to be pushed on the kids. They are participating in this program regardless of their skill level. Many of the umpires are high school students and are learning as they go, just like the players. They are doing the best they can. Treat them as you would want your own child treated behind the plate.