COACH / COMMISSIONER CODE OF CONDUCT
The Schaumburg Athletic Association expects and demands nothing less than exemplary conduct from all board members, commissioners, players, managers, coaches, spectators and game officials at all S.A.A. functions. This code of conduct defines what is expected of all coaches and commissioners.
As a coach or commissioner for the Schaumburg Athletic Association, members agree to abide by this Code of Conduct and acknowledge that they could face disciplinary action or removal for failing to do so, or for any other conduct detrimental to SAA.
Code of Conduct
I hereby pledge to provide safe and positive support, care, encouragement, information and instruction for all children participating in SAA by following this Code of Conduct:
1. I will encourage good sportsmanship by demonstrating positive support and respect for all players, coaches and officials at every game, practice or other SAA event
2. I will place the emotional and physical well-being of all players ahead of my personal desire to win
3. I will support and respect all coaches and game officials in order to encourage a positive and enjoyable experience for all
4. I will do everything I can to ensure a sports environment that is free from drugs and alcohol and shall not use drugs or alcohol at all SAA sporting events. I will not use tobacco products within 50 feet of any player during practices and games. I understand that smoking is prohibited on all school properties
5. I will remember that the game is for the youths, not the adults, and will act accordingly
6. I will do my best to make the sport fun for all SAA participants
7. I will insist that my players/coaches treat all other players, coaches, game officials and fans with respect
8. I will follow the sport rules and guidelines concerning issues of playing positions and playing time and I will ensure that they be followed (on my team/on all teams to the best of my ability
9. I will not touch a player except to offer consolation, congratulations or encouragement, and then, only in an appropriate manner
10. I will not use profanity during the course of any SAA activity while in the presence of any SAA player
11. I will ensure that no SAA games or practices for which I am responsible, in full or in part, will take place in violation of the SAA weather policies. I will do everything that I can to ensure that practice and playing conditions are safe for all players
12. I will follow the SAA and sport specific rules and guidelines regarding field set up, game times, practice schedules and practice times
13. I will insist that any friends, relatives or visitors that are present at practices or games abide by this Code of Conduct
14. I will make every effort to maintain and increase SAA membership and at no time in my role as a coach and/or commissioner promote, recommend, recruit and/or market a competing program.
15. I will not at any time in my role as a coach and/or commissioner, publicly disparage SAA and/or any SAA sports program.
I agree to abide by this Code of Conduct and acknowledge that I could face disciplinary action or removal for failing to do so, or for any other conduct detrimental to SAA.
This policy applies to all SAA coaches, commissioners and/or board members who have the responsibility for working directly with children and their families.
For the purpose of this policy, Commissioner also includes any sport board member
SAA Head Commissioners and Board Members
All sport head commissioners and board members are responsible for ensuring that their program commissioners, managers, and coaches are aware of, and abide by the SAA coach/commissioner code of conduct.
See the SAA Disciplinary Policy
See the SAA Bylaws, Article XI Removal of a General Board Member
Schaumburg Athletic Association
217 S. Civic Drive
Schaumburg, Illinois 60193
Board Approval Date:
Tag(s): Bylaws & Policies