The Schaumburg Athletic Association expects and demands nothing less than exemplary conduct from all board members, commissioners, players, managers, coaches, spectators and game officials at all S.A.A. functions. This code of conduct defines what is expected of all parents, guardians of the Schaumburg Athletic Association.
As a parent, guardian or participant of the Schaumburg Athletic Association (SAA), members agree to abide by this Code of Conduct and acknowledge that they could face disciplinary action for failing to do so, or for any other conduct detrimental to SAA, including up to a two game suspension without the benefit of a disciplinary hearing.
General Parent Conduct
Parents are expected to follow general rules of conduct as provided by the SAA Code of Conduct. A parent that violates any one of the following rules shall be immediately removed from the practice/game with the risk of suspension or dismissal from the program. Suspension and/or dismissal are not limited to the sport the violation occurs in and will cross all sports within SAA.
1. Smoking - While parents cannot be prohibited, the SAA respectfully requests that smoking by limited during the practices and games. Smoking cannot be permitted within 50 feet of the practice or game field per Schaumburg Park District (SPD) rules. This is the minimum requirement
2. Alcohol - Parents are NOT allowed to consume alcoholic beverages at a home or away game or at practices. Consuming alcoholic beverages while on park district property is forbidden by the SPD and is not allowed by the SAA. If a parent is seen consuming alcohol at a game or practice by a coach, game official or commissioner, the parent will be subject to disciplinary action per the SAA disciplinary policy. If a parent continues to ignore this policy, the child of the parent may also be removed from the program
3. Non-Prescription Drugs or Illegal Substances - Any parent that is seen using or under the influence of illegal drugs.
4. Promptness - Parents are asked to pick up their participants from practices and after games promptly at the time the coach requests. The coaches in the program are responsible for the welfare of the participants first and will not leave a practice or game if a participant remains on the field waiting for a ride home. The SAA requests each parent arrives on time and to pay special attention to weather conditions. At times, the weather can change without warning. If threatening conditions are building, it is the responsibility of the coach to monitor the weather and suspend practice if necessary. Parents need to be present to remove their child from the area.
Code of Conduct
I hereby pledge to provide positive support, care and encouragement for my child participating in SAA by following this Code of Conduct:
1. I will encourage good sportsmanship by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches and game officials at every game, practice or other SAA event
2. I will place the emotional and physical well-being of my child ahead of my personal desire to win
3. I will support and respect coaches and officials working with my child in order to encourage a positive and enjoyable experience for all
4. I will demand a sports environment for my child that is free from drugs and alcohol and shall not use drugs or alcohol at all SAA sporting events. I will not use tobacco products within 50 feet of any field or player during practices and games. I understand that smoking is prohibited on all school properties
5. I will remember that the game is for the youths, not the adults, and will act accordingly
6. I will do my best to make the sport fun for my child
7. I will insist that my child treat all other players, coaches, game officials and fans with respect
8. I will do whatever I can to help my child enjoy SAA sports, including but not limited to being a respectful fan, assisting the coaches when asked or providing transportation
9. I expect the coaches to follow the sport rules and guidelines concerning issues of playing positions and playing time and I will promote that they be followed
10. I will insist that any friends, relatives or visitors that are present at my child’s practices or games abide by this Code of Conduct
11. As a parent / guardian of an SAA participant, I agree to abide by this Code of Conduct and acknowledge that I could face disciplinary action for failing to do so, or for any other conduct detrimental to SAA, including up to a two game suspension without the benefit of a disciplinary hearing
12. I have reviewed this policy with my child and he/she understands that there will be consequences for his/her negative actions
This policy applies to all parents and/or guardians of participants in the Schaumburg Athletic Association.
SPD - Schaumburg Park District
SAA - Schaumburg Athletic Association
Sport Head Commissioners, Sport Board Members & Executive Board Members
All Sport Head Commissioners, Sport Board Members & Executive Board Members are responsible for ensuring that their program and SAA participants in general are aware of, and abide by the SAA Parent/Guardian code of conduct.
Upon registering for any sport the SAA Participant Code of Conduct will be agreed to by parents before the registration is finalized.
Schaumburg Athletic Association
217 S. Civic Drive
Schaumburg, Illinois 60193
Board Approval Date:
Participant Code of Conduct
Coach/Commissioner Code of Conduct
Tag(s): Bylaws & Policies