This league is open to all High School students (9-12 grade) not playing on a High School team. The first game on January 8, 2016. The season will include 9 or 10 games with no practices. Games are played only on Sunday nights with the first game starting at 6:30pm and the last game beginning at 8:30pm. The location will be at the Schaumburg Sports Center. The season will end March 19th.
SAA High School Basketball Rules
The league will follow IHSA basketball rules with the following exceptions:
- Each team will have 2 timeouts per game and will not be allowed to carry into any overtime.
- Game time consists of: two 23 minute halves with a running clock. Exceptions are: timeouts, injury, and the last 2 minutes of the game.
- If there is a tie at the end of regulation, a three minute overtime period with a running clock for first 2 minutes and a standard clock for remaining final minute. . 1 timeout per team will be allowed. If still tied after one OT period, a sudden death period will be played. For playoffs, additional two-minute OT period(s) will be played until a winner is determined it will end after 1 team scores.
- There will be 2 minutes between halves and 2 minutes at the end of the game due to time constraints, so please have players ready to go. Substitute on a dead ball with the referee’s signal and do so quickly.
- Remember that the goal of the league is to allow ALL players to have the opportunity to develop skills and enjoy the game. We suggest rotating players every three minutes.